Tuesday, April 23, 2013

College Football in the South

Although we are still in April we in the south can feel the college football season coming on strong, with only three months away... about. Growing up in the south a kid gets to learn quickly about the traditions and loyalty built around ones team and they may cherish that idea til death. I have jumped around in my fan-ship from Tennessee through a national championship in 1998, to Clemson when my older brother accepted a scholarship on their football team for four years. That breaking of my love for the Tennessee Volunteers has allowed myself to find an appreciation in all of it now and just be a fan of the game. I of course root on certain teams but I do not find myself getting carried away in it like I might once have done. Now that spring ball is finishing up and summer workouts are to begin it seems like I should already be making plans for the next home game. Time always moves speedily and so it will be here before we know it, til then its basketball and baseball highlights like a rainy day in summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment