Wednesday, April 3, 2013

NCAA Basketball Tourney before Final Four Weekend

Its April but March's madness is not yet over. This weekend we will see the last four teams fight it out to come away with the championship trophy. The past few weeks have been exciting just like they always are this time of year in the college basketball world. Millions of fans have had their brackets destroyed and marked all the way through by the time the weekends festivities tip off. Out of the nearly 9,000,000 brackets filled out in the ESPN tournament challenge not a single person has all of the games chosen correctly and not many more have all four of the final four teams correct.



 Instead of listening to all of the "experts" I chose to go a different path and use my gut feeling for every choice made in the completing of my personal bracket. I actually chose for Harvard, a fourteen seed, to beat three seed New Mexico, which I have flaunted around. Once the tourney began the losses started to add up and hope goes out the window until next year. As the days have passed I have seen my ranking move back and fourth from 100,000 to 700,000. The anguish that comes with investing time and brain into something you have absolutely no control over takes over some of us bracketeers out there. Currently I stand at 131,997 with 780 points and a 98.4 percentile before we head into the final four games to be played. My unpopular national champion choice of Michigan is still alive and also Louisville for now. Half of the final four seems to be a solid bracket in comparison to some of those around me who now scoff and change the subject when brackets are brought up. So before are brackets are beaten and bruised up just a little more lets all take not that its as random as the weather and that anything can happen in the madness of march.



No comments:

Post a Comment